Monday, January 31, 2022

Books on Islamic Finance and Economics and the Merdeka Tower

Here is the link to the recommended books in 2020. Happy reading. I include below the one that I am going to read because Shariah perspective in construction industry should be intriguing.

Note: I spent the weekend at Kuala Lumpur. From the hotel room at the 20th floor (The restaurant is located at the 27th floor), I could see the Warisan Merdeka Tower (KL118 or PNB118, Translation - Heritage of Independence). The megatall skycraper is set to be the second tallest in the world, after Burj Khalifa. More information here, and some awesome pics. I really want to talk to the person behind the idea of KL118. Remind me of 'The Matrix Resurrections.'
















Image credit - World Scientific
















'The raising hand of Tunku Abdul Rahman inspired the design of the spire of PNB118'
Image credit - The TowerInfo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oppenheimer and Oscar Economics

This  article  is quite long, but has important modern implications.  Source: Michael Ramirez, The Gazette.