Saturday, April 18, 2020

A Fork in the Road for Gig Workers

Writing a Case Study is challenging. The accompanying Teaching Guide preparation also requires detailed planning. Almost a decade ago, I wrote my very first Case Study under the tutelage of Professor Dato' Dr. Muhamad Muda. The title of my first Case Study was: "The Roaring Tiger: Relocating Zoo Negara Malaysia," published in 2004.

Afterwards, I focused on Sukuk, or Islamic bond. I started  'Sakinah The Series No. 1' back in 2011. Sakinah, the fictional character, is the CFO of PNB. She is the main decision-maker in every case I wrote. Sakinah is an Arabic word. It means peace or serenity or tranquility.

At present, I am working on Sakinah The Series No. 4. The theme is on Covid-19 pandemic. I plan to write on how Gig workers are impacted by Covid-19 since most of them do not have workers benefits. You can read about the Gig workers here. Video of the quotes from 5 leaders is available here.

Thriving in the Gig Economy | PaldeskPic. Thriving in the Gig Economy

blas's pyjamas: WOTY 2017Pic. An interesting illustration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ringgit Rebound

As of 23 September 2024, the ringgit ringgit has risen more than 12% against the dollar this quarter, making it the best performing emerging...