Thursday, March 26, 2020

Article - Comic Explainer: How Does Islamic Finance Work?

Very interesting cartoon illustration on Islamic finance, riba and debt. Recommended as an ice-breaking exercise during presentation/training. 

My research area is Sukuk Economics. Planning to do cartoon illustration on Sukuk as well. Will call it "Sukutoonist." So far, it is only an idea. Plotagon is useful, but for a short duration.  Let's innovate. Muslim scholars have long point out that wealth of nations originates in innovation.

My inspiration in Comics? Calvin and Hobbes and Brenda Starr.
Someone introduced Calvin and Hobbes to me in my mid-20s. Below is the last version of the comic and the url. I still keep one newspaper version of the Comic.

Post imagePic. Calvin and Hobbes

During my secondary school, aeon ago :)), I never miss Brenda Starr - the Great Reporter. The comic ended in 2011. My favourite part is the stars in her eyes. My late father used to buy 3 newspapers for us to read during weekend. One is English version. Al-Fatihah and May Allah grant him Jannah.

Pic. Brenda Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ringgit Rebound

As of 23 September 2024, the ringgit ringgit has risen more than 12% against the dollar this quarter, making it the best performing emerging...